Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Plan? What Plan?

Evening at the harbor in Canet.  Yep, Martin is still there.
Remember when I mentioned in an earlier post that Martin said that I needed to start learning to deal with ambiguity?  Oh, and remember when I said that Lily and I were leaving this weekend for the Canary Islands? Well, given the happenings these past two weeks, plans are changing.  Martin is still sitting at the marina in Canet on Amara and little Lily is sick.  So sick that I am sitting here writing this post from her room in the hospital.  Poor thing has Respiratory Syncytial Virus, better known as RSV.
Our little sickie.
Anyway, with Martin still not sailing and me sitting in Lily's hospital room, it is highly unlikely that Lily and I will be going anywhere this weekend.  Plus, if we went, we'd be hanging out in the Canaries for a good 10 days waiting for Martin and Amara to show up at the dock.  So, it's really not Amara's fault and it certainly isn't Lily's either.  Life happens, and sometimes at an escalated level.  Time to regroup and figure out Plan B.
Martin's temporary home.
Martin had some positive things happen regarding Amara's paperwork today but, of course, they are still waiting for a few more parts; but hey, it's only Tuesday.  Martin is sure that they should be able to push out of the marina by Friday.  So, Lily and I are going to sit tight here in Salt Lake and figure out if we should still meet Martin and crew in the Canaries or just let them sail through and we'll meet up with them in St. Maarten at the end of February.

The hard part is that it has already been two weeks since Martin left.  We hate being apart from one another.  Luckily, we can Skype or do FaceTime, but we miss each other.  Another 3 weeks is pushing it for both of us.  In the past, we have been apart from each other for up to 6 weeks, and we have always stay connected via satellite phone, email, texting, etc., but it's hard.  We have never gotten used to it.  Taking this into consideration, I'll see where Lily is health wise this next week and then make a decision.  

Given our immediate setbacks, I know it's all just temporary.  We're still moving forward with our sailing adventure and I am certain that this is all going to come together and be a memory.  Oh, and I'm still trying to deal with that silly word, "Ambiguity."
On the bright side, things are looking up here.
* Marina photos by Garry.  Thanks, Garry!